Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October 15th, 5 months, Birthdays, Dodger Blues....




Today I am 5 months old. My daddy said that there are alot of things going on today and I asked him "What"
  1. Today is Abuelito's Birthday. Happy Birthday Abuelito, Feliz Cumpleanos!!!!
  2. Today 20 years ago today, my daddy with my Tias, and my Abuelitos went to visit my Tia Celi at Stanford University. As you all may know, Stanford is in the Bay Area and we happen to be there during Game 1 of the 1988 World Series. During the game, they sang "Happy Birthday" to abuelito and right after he blew out his candles, they watched the last inning of Game 1 of the World Series. Daddy said some guy named Kirk Gibson "hobbled" to the plate for one last chance for the Dodgers and hit a "Walk off Home Run" that eventually guided them to win the World Series. My dad remembers that day as if it were yesterday, watching my Abuelito run around my Tia Celi's apartment.
  3. My daddy is going to Game 5 of the NLCS game at Dodger Stadium today. He's hoping for some magic like what happened 20 years ago because the Blue Crew are down 3 games to 1.

Update:
My daddy came home sad from the game. He said he's starting to sound like the old Brooklyn Dodger fans saying "Wait till next year".

On a happier note, Halloween is only a few days away and my Mommy said my Grandmama bought me a costume before I was even born. So for my first Halloween I will be a Dalmation. Flower got a costume too. She's going to be a skunk. My Mommy and Daddy said that's "ironic", whatever that means. But we're going to go trick or treating... YEAH!!!

No comments: